Sunday, September 9, 2012

We Have a Newborn

    
     As I’ve mentioned before, I work in admissions at our local hospital, and for some reason, blonde moments abound there.

     When I was training, the unit secretary from OB (obstetrics) called down and said. “We have a newborn.” (Or something to that affect.)

     Not knowing that I was supposed to take down the information to register the new baby, I figured congratulations were in order.

     “Great!”  I said.

     She and the nurses probably laughed about that one for a week.

 

     OB must wonder sometimes about the ditsy girl in the business office because I’ve had more than just one blonde moment with that department. This time, I was not in training, but the extension that called down threw me off because I didn’t recognize it at first. I thought it was ICU.

     “We had a delivery,” the woman on the other end began.

     I immediately thought of the emails we had been receiving about what to do when instruments were delivered to the hospital. I was pretty sure we were supposed to call somebody.

     “I had a note here,” the woman continued, “That the time was 13:43, but it’s supposed to be 13:46. I just wondered if you could check that and make sure the registration is correct.”

     Now, I was thoroughly confused. “What kind of delivery?” I asked.

     “A newborn.”

      Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment