Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Cleanse


Once again, I have taken it upon myself to do a ten day cleanse called the Master Cleanse. It involves not eating anything for ten days, drinking only a lemonade mixture, and hoping to stay alive in those ten days so you can finish your blog post about it.
It's really not that bad if you don't mind being hungry 24/7, and it does have its perks. Perks like losing a pound a day, getting your digestive system cleaned out, healing all the health problems you ever had, and giving you super human strength and intelligence. Just kidding! The last two aren't exactly true, but they sounded good.
Mom, brave woman that she is, has agreed to go on the cleanse with me to help me out for moral support. She's doing it for five days. I figure if I don't have a handle on it after five days, then I best be quitting, too.
Day 1:
I did really well as I started out my day. Drank the lemonade drinks, went to work, etc. It was a good day. Then, 11:00 am rolled around. HUNGRY! More lemonade. 12:00 pm rolled around. HUNGRY! 1:00 pm rolls around...do I need to keep this up?
I must say, I did have lots of energy. What did I do with all that energy? I did what mostly any woman would do—I worked and worked and got as much stuff done as I could before it gave out. That's what I did.

Day 2:
I worked and then took a three hour nap 'cause I was pooped.
Day 3:
This day was a bit crazy. I did four updos at work, went to Defiance to watch a softball game which I was too late for, and then went to a dance recital. I was really exhausted when the day was over, but being busy helped keep my mind off my troubles, such as acute hunger and weakness. Chugging lemonade drinks whenever I felt the need.
Day 4:
Exhaustion seems to be a running theme because that is what I was today. A nap after church, another lemonade drink and I'm raring to go. I have to say that I will be very leery of a certain kind of herbal tea from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment