Thursday, June 28, 2012

So, You Kayak?


I have other talents than being blond, believe it or not. Sometimes I’m klutzy and sometimes I just have embarrassing moments. I know what you’re thinking right now. “Wow! All of that in one person?! I’m so jealous. She must have so much fun.” I do, actually.

One day, I was returning a kayak to the store where I rented it. (The whole kayak story is very long, but it includes backing into a raccoon-ridden garage, stinging nettles, walking along the road like a homeless person, and snakes. ) The kayak story may be for another time,  but I don’t have the time or room for it now. I was returning my kayak, affectionately dubbed Sweet Pickles, and I had to take in the life vests and the paddle.

I admit that I felt pretty cool carrying these items as it made me look like I was an experienced outdoors woman, aside from the office clothes, of course. I was feeling fairly confident as nice-looking young man opened the shop door for me. Well, instead of holding the paddle vertically, I held it horizontally, and the one end hit the door frame, blocking me like a fence, and the other went up and nearly smacked the young man in the face. Thankfully, he dodged it, but he wasn’t amused. So much for my suave entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment